DDNS : Multiple domains
Chris Buxton
2018-10-26 15:29:24 UTC
Answer: ddns-domainname sets the DDNS domain, regardless of option 15 (option domain-name). It defaults to the same value as option 15, but you have it set explicitly at the global level. Therefore:

Solution 1: Change "ddns-domainname" at the global level to "option domain-name", thus telling the clients what domain they're in and allowing ddns-domainname to use its default behavior of matching this value
Solution 2: In yoru host declaration, add 'ddns-domainname "newdomain.net";'

Regards,
Chris Buxton
Hello,
Our DDNS setup is 100% OK since years.
------------------------------------
ddns-update-style interim;
ddns-domainname "olddomain.net.";
ddns-rev-domainname "in-addr.arpa.";
zone olddomain.net. {
primary 192.168.10.1;
key olddomain-nsupdate;
}
------------------------------------
For a specific host, I'm trying to ask the DHCP server to register the DNS record with a second domain.
------------------------------------
host myhost {
hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
fixed-address 192.168.1.2;
}
------------------------------------
------------------------------------
host myhost {
hardware ethernet aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff;
fixed-address 192.168.1.2;
option domain-name "newdomain.net";
}
zone newdomain.net. {
primary 192.168.10.2;
key newdomain-nsupdate;
}
I'm witnessing that the correct new domain is sent to the host.
But I see that the server is building myhost.olddomain.net and sending it to the old DHCP server.
Sorry, I ment : "to the old DNS server"
- what is the way to tell the DHCP server to use the new domain for this host?
- how comes the newdomain.net zone settings are never used?
Thank you for your help.
--
Nicolas ECARNOT